Dr. Ana Tetruashvili
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
Fax: 09131 85-26394
- Prehistoric Archaeology
- Study of grinding stones and grinding installations
- Study of the sickle inserts
- Typological and use-wear analysis of stone artefacts
Born in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Bachelor in Archaeology. Sokhumi State University, Georgia. Thesis Title:” Function of Mesolithic tool according to materials from Edzani Cave and Kotias Klde”.
Master in Archaeology. Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia. Thesis Title: “Traceology, as the method determining the tool function (for the study of the stone point of Neolithic site Yankito 2)”.
Ph.D in Archaeology. Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia. Thesis title “The Agriculture types on the Grakliani Hill”.
Member of the Archaeological Institute of the Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
Lecturer of the subjects – Prehistory Archaeology (For bachelor degree students) and Archaeology of Georgia 1 (For Master degree students) at the Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia.
- Rustaveli-DAAD postdoctoral scholarship at the Erlangen-Nurnberg University, Germany (2021).
- DAAD Programme “Ostpartnerschaften” grant at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany (2020).
- DAI (Deutsches Archäologisches Institut) short term grant in Berlin Archaeological institute, Germany (2019).
- Rustaveli-DAAD joint fellowship program at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany (2018).
- Shota Rustaveli National Scientific Foundation doctoral grant, Georgia (2017-2019).
- Erasmus+ one-semester exchange program at the Ca’Foscari University of Venice, Italy (2016).
- Internship supported by the Government of Georgia at the Experimental-traceological Laboratory of Saint- Petersburg Institute for History and Material Culture. Saint- Petersburg, Russia (2014-15; 2017).
- Research papers:
- Typological and Functional study of sickle inserts from Central Caucasus (Based on the Materials from Grakliani Hill)”. Sidestone press, 2021. Link
- Late Bronze Age-Early Iron Age and Achaemenid Period Grinding Stones from Grakliani Hill (Based on Typological and use-wear study). Bulletin of the Georgian National Academy of Sciences, Vol.13, n.2, 2019. Link
- Tool for leather working (according to the stone pints from the Yankito 2). Georgian University press, N3, 2019.
- Sickle inserts from Grakliani Hill. AWRANA Conference, beyond use-wear traces: on tools and people, Nice, France 29th May-1sy June 2018. Bulletin du Musee D’anthropologie Prehistorique de Monaco, N 58, Editions du musee d’anthropologie prehistorique de Monaco, 2018.
- An interdisciplinary method of traceology and prospects of its usage in Archaeology. Spekali № 12. Electronic Bilingual Scholarly Peer-reviewed Journal Spekali of the Faculty of Humanities at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, 2018.
- Traceological electronic database of stone artifacts. International doctoral school in Digital Humanity, Proceedings, 24-27 February, Tbilisi, 2017.
- Functional analysis of Burins (According to the materials from the site Yankito-2). Bolgar International Field School, Proceedings, Vol.3, Kazan-Bolgar, 2016.
- Function of Burins. JIA- IX Jornadas de Jovenes en Investigacion Arqueologica, Libro de resumenes, Santander, Spain, 8-11 June, 2016.
- Obsidian at Mesolithic sites in Georgia. International Obsidian Conference, Regional Aeolian Archaeological Museum Luigi Bernabo Brea, Program and abstract. Lipari, Italy, 1-3 June, 2016.
- Technical, typological and traceological research of the microlithics and geometric tools from sites of Georgia. Bolgar International Field School, Proceedings, Vol.2, Kazan- Bolgar, 2015.
- For the comparative analysis of some Mesolithic sites of Georgia. 5th international conference of Student-Archaeologists dedicated to Pitt Rivers; IvaneJavaxishvili Tbilisi State University – Faculty of Humanities Institute of Archaeology, collection of Abstracts, Tbilisi, 2013.
- The Agriculture types on the Grakliani Hill (In the framework of the Archaeological and the Traceological researches of the stone industry). University Press, Tbilisi, ISBN 978-9941-13-796-9, 2018.
- A. Tetruashvili/D. Dolaberidze, Grinding installations (preliminary results). 11th International Young Archaeologists Conference. Vardzia, Georgia (2019).
- A. Tetruashvili, Sickle inserts from Grakliani Hill. AWRANA Conference, beyond use-wear traces: on tools and people. Nice, France (2018).
- A. Tetruashvili, Technical-typological and traceological research of stone tools (according to the materials from the site Grakliani Hill). Digital Humanity, Workshop, Goethe University. Frankfurt, Germany (2017).
- A. Tetruashvili/D. Dolaberidze, Sickles from Grakliani Hill (preliminary traceological results). 9th International Young Student Archaeologists Conference. Vardzia, Georgia (2017).
- A. Tetruashvili, Functional analysis of Burins (According to the materials from the site Yankito-2). JIA- IX Jornadas de Jovenes en Investigation Arqueologica, Santander, Spain (2016).
- A. Tetruashvili, The function of Mesolithic tools. 6th international conference of Student-Archaeologists dedicated to Pitt Rivers; Vardzia, Georgia, organized by the Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (2014).
- A. Tetruashvili/D. Dolaberidze, For the comparative analysis of some of the Mesolithic sites of Georgia. 5th international conference of Student-Archaeologists dedicated to Pitt Rivers; Vardzia, Georgia (2013).
Archaeological survey on the territory of Chikiani Mount. Joint project between Ca’foscari University of Venice and Tbilisi State University. Georgia
Second International Archaeological Field School in Bolgar, Expedition of Kazan State University and Bolgar State Historical and Architectural Reserve, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia.
Archaeological excavation of the medieval period site Lesale. Joint project between Friedrich Schiller University Jena and Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia.
- 2013-2014; 2017
Archaeological excavation on the Upper Paleolithic site Satsurblia. Ireland-Israeli-Georgia joint archaeological Expedition. Wyaltubo, Georgia
Dmanisi Paleoanthropological Field School. Expedition of Georgian National Museum. Dmanisi, Georgia.
- 2012; 2014-2017
Archaeological excavation on the Antique period site Grakliani Gora. Expedition of Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. Igoeti, Georgia.
Archaeological survey on the territory Vani. Joint project between Tbilisi State University and Michigan State University. Vani, Georgia.
Archaeological excavation on the late Bronze Age Tabakoni. Joint project between Sokhumi State University and Free University Berlin, Germany. Torsa, Georgia